I’m not sure about you, but December has barrelled into my world without an invitation, and I’m scrambling to keep organised with all our family commitments.
With another school year ending, secondary school presentation night, a Year 11 camp, our church community Christmas carols event, various Christmas functions for the girls, four family Christmas gatherings, then Mr Wonderful’s birthday at the end of December, I have plenty to keep me busy… on top of the usual things.
So while I wade through checklists and gift lists, I thought it might be nice to focus on another important part of my world… Christmas-related reading!
While you’re wrapping a mountain of gifts, catching up on folding clean clothes to pack for your holiday or buying those last-minute vouchers for the difficult-to-buy-for loved ones in your life, why not multitask and sneak in a little reading too? 😉😂
Here are ten books which I’ve read and enjoyed. Several are “full-on Christmassy” while others share Christmas elements. A few are romcoms, several are Christian romances, and all were delightful reads.
In no particular order, here’s my Christmas fiction list:
- Hope for the Hero by Mandi Blake
- A Cross-Country Christmas by Courtney Walsh
- Kiss the Girl by Melanie Jacobson (see my review)
- Beached by Jennifer Griffith
- All is Bright by Andrea Grigg
- Christmas in Kailua by Jess Mastorakos
- The Twelve Holidates by Emma St Clair (mentioned here)
- The Christmas Letters by Jenny Proctor/Brenna Jacobs
- Her Christmas Cowboy by Dora Hiers
- A Light in the Window by Julie Lessman (Victoria reads this book in Punctured Heart!)
Have you read any of these books? Perhaps next year I’ll have written a Christmas novel to add to this list. 😉
Until next time,